I love Pilipinos.
I don't even know why. Maybe I've listened to 'Bebot' on loop too much, maybe it's my love of soy sauce and chicken, maybe it's because I'm constantly mistaken for being Filipino.
In any event, I feel a weird connection with the filipino community and it's freaking me out. Not because there's anything wrong with Pilipinos (obviously), but I just feel this weird connection kinda thing that flares up when I'm surrounded by more than three Pilipino people.
Maybe it's cause I've never met a Pilipino person I didn't like?
And I feel kind of bad because I know how much I hate it when people pull the "Oh! I love Japanese culture! I wish I were Japanese!" crap, but Pilipino people rock my socks and I'm not sure why.
I know that on a political and socially oriented level, I've always felt like the Pilipino community is a lot more vocal than many other community leaders, but more in the sense that they come together as a community than in terms of actual visibility. Maybe it's the concern many members of the Pilipino community have for both of their "homelands", America and the Philippines. Maybe it's the fact that the best hiphop dance teams are Pilipino. Maybe it's because of Native Guns.
In any event, I was going to go to the Troy Phi bonfire tonight, but decided against it because I don't know many of them and would feel awkward...plus I forgot that I had shit to do tonight, so that was a little important. I really hope that Nikkei and Troy Phi can hook up and make beautiful mixed race babies.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment