I am a very nostalgic person. I don't know why, but I always end up taking two steps back for every step forward...it's a vice, I know, but it's a vice that isn't going anywhere, so I may as well deal.
Today I was listening to my iPod, and realized that a lot of songs elicted really strong emotions that I connect with this year. For example, I listen to anything by Hot Hot Heat and I honestly feel like I'm back in September...it's amazing, the power of music. So I decided to compile all the music that gives me that feeling into a playlist...and in doing so, I got to review this year.
It was overall an amazing year. There were a lot of changes at the end and some changes I still haven't quite come to accept for myself even though they have nothing to do with me, but I feel like I went into it with my all and ended it in the best way I could have. It's funny because I look back a lot, but I have no regrets so far.
I started the year a clueless freshman and ended it someone who, I think, has a decent idea of what he is/what he will become. I mean...that isn't to say I'm mature. Heh. There's obviously always room for improvement, but I found my niche at the school. I made friends who are (overall) the most amazing people and the best people I could have met, and though sometimes things happen that I need to learn not to worry about in their own lives, it's amazing to know I have these people who give a shit, people who will (heh) go looking for you at 1 in the morning...even if you don't want to be found. And you do a damn good job not being found.
Next year will be another year with people gone and new people arriving. It'll be weird not seeing some faces and it'll be weird to see some faces so regularily. It'll be weird losing touch with people I've spent so much time with, especially in the cases where it wasn't so much them the person but them the prescence that I liked.
It'll be a new year. With a new playlist.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment