Monday, June 9, 2008

043 - enough

Alright. Enough with the bullshit.

I just went through and reread portions of the last year I traced with my keyboard on this Blogger account. And it's bullshit, so here is my first post, my first step forward in the direction of something productive beyond an emo dump.

As I sit here at my workstation at an internship.

It's interesting working here...the atmosphere is very relaxed, though most of the time I feel as if I'm being completely useless. There is little work for me to do (I think the staff, on the whole has a lot of stuff already covered), so I have a lot of time to. You know. digg and shit.

This summer, I have resolved, is going to be my re-education. I've stopped in every museum/gallery I walk past on my way home from work and I've stopped resisting the urge to buy money on art. I'm reading, though my current book is taking much longer to get through than I thought it would. Turns out Flower Drum Song isn't interesting enough to keep my fingers flipping.

I'm working on the first draft of next year's Nikkei culture show and I'm reworking some of the designs I did this year. I've been reading a lot on design lately...been really examining design books, especially Japanese books. I found this publisher called Pie Books that has these really interesting volumes on pop art and commercial design. I know we all hate capitalism, but I love finding innovative art in capitalism...advertising, especially, has some very interesting uses of color and form that I am trying to manipulate.

Spent all of saturday watching America's Best Dance Crew...this season isn't going to be so good, so I think I'm going to be focusing on my own dancing with my BFF youtube. Going to try to pick up some classes when I can make/afford them and definitely going to be movin to the groovin at any chance I get. Hong Kong's not going to be a place where I think I'll have the chance to develop myself.

Oh yeah. I'm going to Hong Kong next semester. Didn't slip that in...

So that's my summer. And we'll see if it sticks, because if last summer was any indication shit tends to hit the fan in the worst way. But I guess we'll see...

Hmm. Maybe I should be asking my boss if there's any work she needs done...

No comments: