It's happened again.
I don't really know what to think...when Columbine happened, I was still in elementary school so though I felt for the kids I didn't have much of an emotional connection with them.
But this was with college students. And I'm a college student. And I don't really know how I should be reacting to this.
These kids were probably my age, this shooter may have been my age. I don't understand how you can pull out a gun and kill 31 people, it just doesn't make sense to me. How can someone lose compassion and just keep killing? How can someone lose compassion and start killing?
And 31 people, I mean...if I were to randomly pick 31 people from the USC campus or even from one dorm building (it looks like he started shooting in a dorm) I can almost guarantee that someone from that 31 would be someone I know or someone I care about. It's such an isolated incident that I doubt and hope will not be replicated but it's in the back of my mind since I read that article.
It's scary, really. It's scary to know that people can conciously pull a trigger and end a life and it's scary to know that it happened again today on a huge scale and on a campus that probably isn't too different than our own.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment